Outline of China's Rural Poverty Alleviation and Development (2011-2020)
In order to further accelerate the development of poverty-stricken areas, promote common prosperity, and achieve the goal of building a well-off society in an all-round way by 2020, this outline is formulated.
(1) Great achievements have been made in poverty alleviation. Eliminating poverty and achieving common prosperity are the essential requirements of the socialist system. Since the reform and opening up, China has vigorously promoted poverty alleviation and development, especially with the implementation of the National Eighty-Seven Poverty Alleviation Plan (1994-2000) and the "China Rural Poverty Alleviation and Development Program (2001-2010)". achievement. The rural poor population has decreased drastically, income has increased steadily, infrastructure in poverty-stricken areas has improved significantly, social undertakings have continued to improve, the minimum living security system has been fully established, rural residents' survival and food and clothing problems have been basically solved, and a path of poverty alleviation with Chinese characteristics has been explored. China's economic development, political stability, national unity, border consolidation, and social harmony have played an important role and have made significant contributions to the development of global poverty reduction.
(2) Poverty alleviation and development is a long-term historical task. China is still in and will be in the primary stage of socialism for a long time. The overall level of economic and social development is not high, and the problem of regional development imbalance is prominent. The deep-seated contradictions that restrict the development of poverty-stricken areas still exist. The scale of poverty alleviation is large, and the problem of relative poverty is highlighted. The phenomenon of returning to poverty has occurred from time to time. The development of poverty-stricken areas, especially those with special difficulties (hereinafter referred to as contiguous areas), is relatively lagging behind, and the task of poverty alleviation and development is still very arduous. At the same time, China's industrialization, informationization, urbanization, marketization, and internationalization have continued to deepen, the mode of economic development has accelerated, the national economy has maintained steady and rapid development, the overall national strength has been significantly enhanced, and the social security system has been gradually improved, creating a favorable environment for poverty alleviation. Environment and conditions. China's poverty alleviation and development has shifted from the stage of solving the problem of food and clothing to the new stage of consolidating the results of food and clothing, accelerating poverty alleviation, improving the ecological environment, improving development capacity, and narrowing the development gap.
(3) It is of great significance to further promote poverty alleviation and development. Poverty alleviation and development are related to consolidating the party's ruling foundation, which is related to the long-term stability of the country and the overall situation of socialist modernization. Deeply promoting poverty alleviation and development is an important task for building socialism with Chinese characteristics. It is an inevitable requirement for thoroughly implementing the scientific development concept. It is an important manifestation of adhering to people-oriented and governing for the people. It is to coordinate urban and rural development, safeguard and improve people's livelihood, and narrow development. The gap and the major measures to promote the sharing of reform and development results for all people are the urgent need to build a well-off society in an all-round way and build a socialist harmonious society. We must make a new round of poverty alleviation and development battles with greater determination, stronger strength, and more effective measures to ensure that the people of the country will achieve a comprehensive well-off society.
First, the overall requirements
(4) Guiding ideology. Hold high the great banner of socialism with Chinese characteristics, take Deng Xiaoping Theory and the important thinking of the 'Three Represents' as the guide, thoroughly implement the scientific development concept, raise the poverty alleviation standards, increase investment, and take the contiguous destitute areas as the main battlefield to solve the problem stably. Poverty alleviation targets and poverty alleviation as soon as possible to achieve poverty alleviation as the primary task, adhere to the government's leadership, adhere to overall development, pay more attention to transforming the economic development mode, pay more attention to enhancing the self-development ability of poverty alleviation targets, pay more attention to the equalization of basic public services, and pay more attention to solving the problem of restricting development. Highlight problems and work hard to promote better and faster economic and social development in poor areas.
(5) Work guidelines. Adhere to the development-oriented poverty alleviation policy and implement an effective connection between poverty alleviation and development and the rural minimum living security system. Poverty alleviation and development as the main way to get rid of poverty, encourage and help the poor people with working ability to get rid of poverty through their own efforts; use social security as the basic means to solve the problem of food and clothing, and gradually improve the social security system.
(6) Basic principles
- Government-led, hierarchically responsible. Governments at all levels have overall responsibility for poverty alleviation and development work within their respective administrative regions, and integrate poverty alleviation and development into economic and social development strategies and overall plans. Implement the poverty alleviation and development target responsibility system and assessment system.
- Highlight key points and classify guidance. The central government supports the contiguous areas. Increase support for the revolutionary old areas, ethnic areas, and border areas. According to the level of economic and social development in different regions, we will formulate poverty alleviation policies according to local conditions and implement different supporting measures.
- Departmental collaboration, joint efforts. All relevant departments should, according to the national poverty alleviation and development strategy, combine their respective functions, and lean toward poverty-stricken areas when formulating policies, preparing plans, allocating funds, and arranging projects, and forming a synergy for poverty alleviation and development.
- Self-reliance and hard work. Strengthen guidance, update concepts, give full play to the initiative and creativity of poverty-stricken areas and poverty alleviation targets, respect the main status of poverty alleviation targets, improve their self-management level and development capabilities, and build on their own to achieve poverty alleviation.
- Help the society and get rich together. We will mobilize all sectors of the society to participate in poverty alleviation and development, improve mechanisms, expand the field, pay attention to actual results, and raise the level. Strengthen policy measures to encourage the rich to help the rich and achieve common prosperity.
-- Overall planning and scientific development. Adhere to poverty alleviation and development, promote urbanization, build a new socialist countryside, combine ecological construction and environmental protection, give full play to the resource advantages of poverty-stricken areas, develop environmentally-friendly industries, enhance disaster prevention and mitigation capabilities, and promote healthy scientific lifestyles. Promote economic and social development in harmony with the population, resources and environment.
-- Reform and innovation, and open up. Adapt to the requirements of the socialist market economy and innovate the poverty alleviation mechanism. Expand opening to the outside world and share poverty reduction experience and resources. We will continue to run a pilot area for poverty alleviation reform and actively explore new ways to open up poverty alleviation.
Second, the target task
(7) Overall objectives. By 2020, the target of poverty alleviation will not be eaten or worn, and its compulsory education, basic medical care and housing will be guaranteed. The per capita net income growth of farmers in poverty-stricken areas is higher than the national average. The main areas of basic public services are close to the national average, and the development gap is widened.
(8) Main tasks
- Basic farmland and farmland water conservancy. By 2015, basic farmland and farmland water conservancy facilities in poverty-stricken areas will be greatly improved, and basic per capita grain fields will be guaranteed. By 2020, the level of farmland infrastructure construction will be significantly improved.
——Special advantage industries. By 2015, we will strive to achieve one household income increase project. By 2020, a pillar industry system will be initially constructed.
- Drinking water is safe. By 2015, the problem of rural drinking water safety in poor areas will be basically solved. By 2020, the level of rural drinking water security and tap water penetration will further increase.
- Production and living electricity. By 2015, we will comprehensively solve the problem of electricity-free administrative villages in poverty-stricken areas, and substantially reduce the number of people without electricity in remote areas and ethnic areas in the west. By 2020, we will comprehensively solve the problem of electricity consumption for people without electricity.
--traffic. By 2015, increase the proportion of high-grade highways in the county-level cities and above in poverty-stricken areas. In addition to Tibet, 80% of the villages in the western region will pass through the asphalt (cement) road, which will steadily increase the access rate of rural passenger buses in poverty-stricken areas. By 2020, we will realize the conditional construction of the village through the asphalt (cement) road, promote the hardening of the roads in the village, realize the shuttle bus between the villages, and comprehensively improve the rural road service level and disaster prevention and resilience.
——Renovation of dangerous buildings in rural areas. By 2015, 8 million households will be rehabilitated in rural households. By 2020, the living conditions of the people in poverty-stricken areas have been significantly improved.
--education. By 2015, the rate of primary school education in poor areas will be greatly improved; the level of compulsory education will be consolidated and improved; the gross enrollment rate of high school education will reach 80%; the enrollment of ordinary high schools and secondary vocational schools will be roughly the same; The level of practical technology and labor transfer training in rural areas; eradicating illiteracy among young and middle-aged adults. By 2020, basic preschool education will be basically popularized, the level of compulsory education will be further improved, high school education will be popularized, and long-distance continuing education and community education will be accelerated.
--medical hygiene. By 2015, the county, township and village level medical and health service networks in poverty-stricken areas will be basically sound, and the capacity and level of county-level hospitals will be significantly improved. Each township has one government-run health center, and each administrative village has a health room; The participation rate of new rural cooperative medical care is stable at more than 90%, and the comprehensive coverage of outpatient care is basically realized; the level of protection for major diseases of children is gradually improved, and major infectious diseases and endemic diseases are effectively controlled; there is one general practitioner in each township hospital. By 2020, people in poor areas will receive more equal access to public health and basic medical services.
- Public culture. By 2015, we will basically establish a public service system for radio, film and television, realize the full coverage of radio and television in the natural villages with 20 households or less, and basically realize the radio and television households, and strive to realize that each county has one digital cinema, and each administrative village displays monthly. One digital film; the administrative village basically has broadband access, and the communication signals along the natural village and traffic are basically covered. By 2020, improve and perfect the public service system for radio, film and television, and fully realize the radio and television households; the natural villages will basically achieve broadband access; improve the rural public cultural service system, and basically realize the key counties in each country's poverty alleviation and development work (hereinafter referred to as key counties). There are libraries, cultural centers, townships and towns with comprehensive cultural stations, and administrative villages with cultural activities rooms. Promote the building of a clean and honest culture in rural areas with the construction of public culture.
--Social Security. By 2015, the rural minimum living security system, the five-guarantee support system and the temporary assistance system will be further improved to achieve full coverage of the new rural social endowment insurance system. By 2020, rural social security and service levels will be further enhanced.
- Population and family planning. By 2015, the natural population growth rate of key counties will be controlled within 8‰, and the total fertility rate of women will be around 1.8. By 2020, the low fertility level of key counties will continue to be stable and gradually achieve balanced population development.
- Forestry and ecology. By 2015, the forest coverage rate in poverty-stricken areas will increase by 1.5 percentage points from the end of 2010. By 2020, forest coverage will increase by 3.5 percentage points from the end of 2010.
Third, the scope of the object
(9) Poverty alleviation targets. The rural population with working ability below the poverty alleviation standard is the main target of poverty alleviation work. Establish and improve the identification mechanism for poverty alleviation objects, do a good job in document establishment and implement dynamic management, and ensure that poverty alleviation targets are effectively supported. Gradually improve the national poverty alleviation standards. All provinces (autonomous regions and municipalities directly under the Central Government) may formulate regional poverty alleviation standards that are higher than the national poverty alleviation standards according to local conditions.
(10) Conjoined areas. Liupan Mountain, Qinba Mountain, Wuling Mountain, Wumeng Mountain, Guizhou-Guizhou Rocky Desertification Area, West Yunnan Border Mountain, Daxing'anling Nanzhao Mountain Area, Yanshan-Taihang Mountain Area, Luliang Mountain Area, Dabie Mountain Area, Luojing Mountain Area, etc. The contiguous areas and the Tibet, the four provinces, and the southern Xinjiang, which have clearly implemented special policies, are the main battlefields for poverty alleviation. Increase investment and support, strengthen guidance and coordination on inter-provincial planning, concentrate efforts, and implement in batches. All provinces (autonomous regions and municipalities directly under the Central Government) have overall responsibility for the contiguous areas of their contiguous areas. Under the guidance of the state, the county is based on the formulation and implementation of poverty alleviation projects. All departments of the State Council and local governments at all levels should increase coordination and coordination, and implement a number of people's livelihood projects such as education, health, culture, employment, and social security, vigorously improve production and living conditions, foster and strengthen a number of industries with distinctive advantages, and accelerate regionalism. The pace of important infrastructure construction, strengthening ecological construction and environmental protection, focusing on solving the bottleneck problem that restricts development, promoting the equalization of basic public services, and fundamentally changing the appearance of contiguous areas of poverty. All provinces (autonomous regions and municipalities directly under the Central Government) may determine a number of contiguous destitute areas on their own, and coordinate resources to give priority support.
(11) Key counties and poor villages. We must do a good job in poverty alleviation work in key counties and poor villages outside the contiguous areas. The original key county support policy remains unchanged. All provinces (autonomous regions and municipalities directly under the Central Government) shall formulate measures and adopt measures to adjust according to actual conditions to achieve a gradual reduction in the number of key counties. The provinces with reduced key counties have not reduced their support.
Fourth, special poverty alleviation
(12) Relocation of the land for poverty alleviation. Adhere to the principle of voluntariness and implement the poverty alleviation and relocation of poverty alleviation targets in areas with poor living conditions. Guide other immigrant relocation projects to be implemented preferentially in eligible poverty-stricken areas, strengthen the connection with ex situ poverty alleviation and relocation projects, and jointly promote the improvement of the production and living environment of the poor. Fully consider resource conditions, adapt to local conditions, orderly relocation, improve conditions for survival and development, and focus on cultivating and developing follow-up industries. Where conditions permit, it will guide immigrants to small and medium-sized towns and industrial parks, create employment opportunities, and improve employability. Strengthen overall coordination, effectively solve the difficulties and problems in the production and life of the relocated people, and ensure that they can move, be stable, develop, and become rich.
(13) The whole village is promoted. In combination with the construction of a new socialist countryside, the whole village promotion plan will be formulated from the bottom up, and will be implemented in phases and in batches. Develop characteristic pillar industries, improve production and living conditions, increase collective economic income, and improve self-development capabilities. With the county as the platform, we will coordinate all kinds of agriculture-related funds and social assistance resources, concentrate on investment, implement water, electricity, roads, gas, housing and environment to improve the “six-to-farm” project, and build rural communities with better public welfare facilities. Strengthen the follow-up management of the whole village, improve the new community management and service system, and consolidate and improve the poverty alleviation and development results. Where the poor villages are relatively concentrated, the township promotion and contiguous development can be implemented.
(14) Work for generations. Vigorously implement the work-for-work, effectively improve the quality of cultivated land (grassland) in poverty-stricken areas, and steadily increase the effective irrigation area. Strengthen the construction of rural (group) roads and human and animal drinking water projects, carry out soil and water conservation, small watershed management and comprehensive development of areas, enhance the ability to resist natural disasters, and consolidate the foundation for development.
(15) Industry poverty alleviation. Give full play to the advantages of ecological environment and natural resources in poverty-stricken areas, promote advanced and practical technologies, foster and expand the characteristic pillar industries, and vigorously promote tourism poverty alleviation. Promote the adjustment of industrial structure, and promote and help poor farmers to develop production through poverty alleviation leading enterprises, farmers' professional cooperatives and mutual fund organizations. Guide and support enterprises to invest in poverty-stricken areas, and drive poor farmers to increase their income.
(16) Employment promotion. Improve the rain dew plan. With the promotion of stable employment for poverty alleviation as the core, the junior and senior high school graduates who have not continued their studies in rural areas will participate in the labor reserve training and give a certain subsidy for living expenses; for the newly grown labor of rural poor families, they will receive the living expenses and transportation for secondary vocational education. Special subsidies such as fees. Practical technical training for rural poor labor. Increase support for the employment of impoverished disabled people in rural areas.
(17) Pilot poverty alleviation pilot. Innovate the poverty alleviation and development mechanism, and actively carry out poverty alleviation, prevention and development of poverty prevention and development in border areas, post-disaster recovery and reconstruction, and other poverty-stricken areas and groups to promote poverty alleviation pilot projects, expand mutual aid funds, contiguous development, lottery public welfare poverty alleviation, and science and technology poverty alleviation for special situations and problems. Wait for the pilot.
(18) Construction of the old revolutionary area. The state gives priority support to the revolutionary old districts and counties in poverty-stricken areas.
V. Industry poverty alleviation
(19) Defining departmental responsibilities. All industry departments should regard the development environment and conditions for improving poverty-stricken areas as an important part of the development plan of the industry, and tilt to the poverty-stricken areas in terms of funds and projects, and complete the poverty alleviation tasks determined by the countries in this industry.
(20) Develop characteristic industries. Strengthen the guidance of agriculture, forestry, animal husbandry and fishery industries, develop various professional cooperative organizations, and improve the rural socialized service system. Focus on leading products, brand-name products, and superior products, large